Saturday, January 2, 2016

Yay!

Hey Nerds!

I'm Allison. For those of you who don't know me, I'll tell you a little bit about myself.

Job:  professional hockey player, host of Late Night with Stephen Colbert, and president of the anti-raccoon club.

City: tent town under the 101 Freeway in Hollywood. I live in a blue tent and I hate hate HATE raccoons. They're MY breakfast sandwich wrappers  and YOU CAN'T HAVE THEM. I also have a lavish house in Turks and Caicos and several properties in Cleveland.

Fun Facts: I invented the airplane. I know 18 or so of the 36 letters in the alphabet. My father is Zeus the mythical God. Zeus never got me the guitar lessons I really wanted and he's been kicked out 7 of my hockey games (once for striking the ref down with a lightning bolt and the other 6 times for general foul language). I'm very afraid of raccoons. I like pizza. My mother might be a raccoon but I don't know because I've never met her. I'm more of a tea than a coffee person. I've seen pictures of my mother and she looks like a human woman but also raccoons can trick you. I call my father by his name Zeus instead of dad because that title has to be earned. My mother is Mary Tyler Moore, but not the one you're thinking of.


So excited to be part of this group! 5 of my favorite books are:
Never Let Me Go-Kazuo Ishiguro
A Visit from the Goon Squad-Jennifer Egan
A Thousand Splendid Suns-Khaled Hosseini
The Time Traveler's Wife-Audrey Niffenegger
Veronika Decides to Die-Paulo Coelho
And ANYTHING by Margaret Atwood (I can't pick just one)

5 comments:

  1. I like you, julie Ritchey. The thing I like about you most is that you aren't a raccoon. The things I like the least about raccoons are as follows:
    1. They live near the water but not IN the water. You can't do both. Pick a side!
    2. They spend a lot of time sunning themselves and that can cause cancer but also seems kind of conceited.
    3. They are cowards.
    4. They are always going into their shell when all you want to do is say hi. That's rude.
    5. They're green but they aren't a frog.
    6. Shelly is a lazy name for a turtle.

    Oh no. I just realized that I was thinking of turtles and not raccoons. I'm sorry to raccoons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know there isn't a RACCOON EMOJI!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I've read Time Traveler's Wife at least five times. :)

    ReplyDelete