Sunday, January 3, 2016

Lucy

Hi Everyone,

I'm very glad to be here.  As a writer, I habitually squander free reading time by writing or worrying about writing.  Being held accountable is the best way I've found to start new habits - so please feel free to bully me into keeping up, and I shall do the same!!

I am currently reading (and LOVING) "The Book of Night Women" by Marlon James.  Set in Kingston, Jamaica in early 1800s, it follows Lilith, a young black girl who becomes a critical leader of a slave rebellion.  It's gorgeously written.

Next up are:

1. The Adventures of Kavalier and Clay / Michael Chabon
2. Neverwhere / Neil Gaiman
3. Why be Happy when you could be Normal? / Jeanette Winterson
4. My Brilliant Friend / Elena Ferrante
5. Comedy in a Minor Key / Hans Keilson

Best,
Lucy

2 comments:

  1. Elena Ferrante is big time on my list for this year. Xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elena Ferrante is on my list too! Book club within a book club!

    ReplyDelete