Monday, January 11, 2016

CHELSEA

Hey!

I apologize that I'm still only just saying hello, but I've been following all your reading adventures as I've spent too many days composing this introduction, so I'll be caught up soon.

I live in Portland, OR, where I hand-pull espresso by day, write by night, and am mama my two small fellows (Pan, 7, and Quinn, 6) pretty much all of the time.

I spent 2011-2013 in a fiction MFA program in NYC, reading 3-4 novels/story collections a week, in addition to working on my own projects, and got pretty deeply burnt out on reading for a good year after that. 2015 was a good year for books, though, all read for pleasure, and I'm really looking forward to more of the same this year with all of you.

TOP FIVE - ISH:
There are many, many not-so-new books I love (Jane Eyre , Sense and Sensibility , Skylark , Orlando , Willa Cather , Gabriel Garcia Marquez ), as well as non-fiction (for me, it's mostly parenting and cookbooks - but also memoir + essays - I have a big lady writer crush on Eula Biss).

CURRENTLY READING:

YEAH!

+Chelsea





1 comment:

  1. I am putting Eula Biss and Amy Hempel on my list right now!

    ReplyDelete