Sunday, January 3, 2016

Shaila

*WARNING: All my reviews will sound like I’m simultaneously trying and not trying to write a paper about the book. I apologize in advance. Also, I use a lot of commas. I’m not sorry about that, but just so you’re prepared.
1/50: The Outsiders
2/50: The Drunken Spelunker's Guide to Plato
3/50: Me and Earl and the Dying Girl
4/50: Dear Elizabeth
5/50: The Lovely Bones
6/50: Into the Wild
7/50: The Casual Vacancy

Hi there!

I’m so very excited to read with all of you this year! 

I’m currently in Boise, ID and work as an assistant stage manager and dramaturg with some local theatre companies. I’m hoping to head to graduate school soon so I’ll take free life advice from any and everyone. :)

I’m excellent at spouting off random pop culture or history trivia facts and tricking people into thinking that boring things are fun to talk about. I drink a lot of tea and have a little kitten named Theodore. 

Books I love:
Harry Potter series, J.K Rowling (If I have to choose, Order of the Phoenix.)
White Oleander, Janet Fitch
Yes Please, Amy Poehler
Looking for Alaska, John Green
So We Read On: How The Great Gatsby Came to Be and Why It Endures, Maureen Corrigan


Happy New Year!

4 comments:

  1. I love Yes Please! Her story about her pregnancy when Jon Hamm hosted SNL makes me cry and inspires me anew avery time I revisit it. (Also John Green....yes pleeeeease)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Yes Please on my shelf of Autobiographies to read. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recommend it to every person I can! I adore Amy Poehler. I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  3. Oh girl, I am so excited you picked Order of the Phoenix because that is my favorite by a long shot and I have had to defend it to so many people. I'm glad I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete